Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Disco


Remember The Love Boat, shag carpeting, The Four Seasons, kaftans, and Sea Monkeys? Ya, neither do I but thankfully the 70's are back. Slowly Disco music is creeping back into the mainstream and after a recession its much needed. Bring on the excess!

Beyonce's Control (Redlight Remix) mp3 makes me want to have a part in Saturday Night Fever! At 3:23 I'm doing some major hand clapping!

The Twelves took Fever Ray's mysterious Seven mp3 and mixed it into some sort of funky disco rollerskating vibe. Hearing the original mp3 you can appreciate the roller skates.

Ever since Fake Blood released the cult classic Mars mp3 I have been a devout fan! Putting Fix Your Accent mp3 on which included whistles and...uh...different accents, makes me want to be in the backroom of Studio 54.

Picked up in a car, taken for a ride while Pete Tong's BBC Radio 1 show was cranked, on came Still Going's Spaghetti Circus mp3, a future dance classic. Back at home I grew an Afro.

Kelis, set to release her new album entitled Fleshtones, leaked what is going to be one of this years top hits. How could you not find your Donna Summer in Acapella mp3?

Donna Summer, Donna Summer, Donna Summer, oh Donna Summer! I Feel Love! mp3remix

....all of a sudden polyester pants seem like a good idea.

2 comments: